Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Whoa! Where's my hands?

Haw Par Villa is an interesting place. One of the "Tiger Balm" brothers decided to do a public service by making a park that depicts the "10 courts of hell" in graphic detail, all in painted cement sculptures. That's right, cement. Not the best sculpting material, but they did their best. After a short and unsuccessful stint as a pay-for-entry theme park, this park, one of the 7 kitsch wonders of the world is now FREE to enter, and just $1 Sing to go thru the courts of hell! It's well worth it. And informational too. I learned that if I refuse to pay my rent, I will be pounded to a pulp by a giant stone mallet in the afterlife.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger continuitygirl said...

Oh my gosh, I checked out the link and was astonished by how gruesome the statues where in the Ten Courts of Hell, they weren't joking about the warning! Quite like to visit it though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home