Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Meet the Neighbors

Zhanar and I finally moved in to our apartment in the beginning of October. While we were moving we noticed a number of neighbors peeking into the new Ang Mo apartment. Most of the folks in this apartment building are Japanese Expats, with a few locals, and a couple of Europeans (that includes us - Americans are Europeans over here).

It didn't take long to meet our across the hall neighbor, Eico. Psycho Eico. She's the official 14th floor hallway monitor - keeping close tabs on the comings and goings of local residents. One of our first encouters with Eico was the Egg Incident. Eico knocked on our door at 9:30 pm with a carton of eggs in her hand. "Hi. I just realized that I bought too many eggs!" I thought, well how nice - free eggs. Just as I was about to say thanks, Eico blurted out "I sell you cheaper!" and shows me the store receipt. No thanks Eico.

Our next aquaintance was "Mr Poh from Down Below". Another one of the peeking heads when we were moving in, we didn't meet Mr. Poh until three days later when he knocked on the door just before 7pm. In the friendliest possible manner, he informed us that he could hear all sorts of things from our apartment, and that he goes to bed early. Later that night (7:15 pm) I carefully slid my dinner chair out from the table and tiptoed into the kitchen to run a trickle of water on my dish. What time does this guy go to bed anyway? Moments later, Zhanar scraped her chair back with gusto and hollered "How about THAT, Mister POO?" Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Bill
I just got through whining to Zhanar that I hadn't heard from you. OK, so now I can't whine. I looked at both the blogs and love the pictures. I printed out a few to show Lynn and will show her how to get into the blogs so she can keep up on things.

Jim E.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Mr. Pooh he should enjoy a few more days of chair scraping and other quiet domestic noises, at normal waking times. When the baby arrives, he better buy some earplugs or move! Or perhaps he will be able to convince the baby not to cry at 2 am anymore.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home