Monday, January 02, 2006

If I've learned one thing in my first month as a parent, it's that kids are really convenient scapegoats. If we're going to be late to a party, it's Dina's fault. Never mind that she was sleeping like a baby. It's our word against hers. So if I don't post to this blog but once a month or so, remember - it's not my fault. Dina's been making trouble. I guess this post could get me in trouble... but mind you, sometimes it really is the unpredictability of a baby that causes problems. Really. I swear!

I can't wait until she is a little older like the kids we met in the elevator the other day. Three Japanese kids in matching hawaiian shirts, with some surprising luggage. The eldest boy, about 8, was struggling under a set of golf clubs nearly twice his height. The younger boy (about 4) was pushing a wheelie suitcase also nearly twice his height. The girl (about 6), carrying nothing and offering directions. We asked where they were going. They said "we're going to Phuket". Kids sure grow up fast these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home